NCACH Transitional Care and Diversion Intervention Workgroup
The Transitional Care and Diversion Interventions Workgroup will ensure that the North Central region implements effective evidence based practices that align with the milestones and approaches described in the Toolkit. Specifically the Workgroup will complete the following:
- Provide recommendations to the NCACH Governing Board and staff on approaches to take for Transitional Care and Diversion Interventions projects.
- As much as possible, ensure Diversion Interventions and Transitional Care projects align with all six projects NCACH selected to implement.
- Collect, synthesize, and use stakeholder and community input on project planning and implementation.
- Work with NCACH partners to implement sustainable changes in the regional health care system (broadly conceived) that improve effective transitions for patients re-entering the community from intensive care settings or incarceration, and provide more effective alternatives to incarceration, inpatient treatment or emergency department care for patients whose needs can be better addressed in other ways.
- Determine how work completed through Transitional Care and Diversion Interventions are able to be financially sustainable past the Demonstration period.
- As much as possible, ensure projects effectively connect patients with resources to mitigate the negative consequences of the social determinants of health.
- Identify how IT, workforce, and value-based payment strategies can support this project.